Hi Fellow Travellers, please see some of the travel indormations which may useful during your trip to Georgia.
1. In Georgia you can do cash transaction in their local currency called Lari / Gel, they wont accept US dollers, Euro.
2. Credit Cards are not acceptable everywhere, for example Ropeway station in Rike Park, some. (The charge was 2.5 Lari for single way to Narikala Fortress, and two way 5 Lari but you can take a walk back to old town by enjoying the views on the way, I would recomend that instead of two way rope travel. Also some of the groceries, restaurents were only accepting Georgian Currency Lari.
2. From Airport to City Centre and Back there is Bus service(Bus #37)and the charge is only 0.50 Lari. (It is advised to buy tourist card else you can use credit card with tap on facilty, also possible to insert coin and take ticket: no need to buy ticket from outside, ticket wending machine, tap on machine all are located inside the bus).
3. The bus station for return to Airport from freedome square is not the same one where you get down on your way from airport(which is near to Information Centre), the bus station for getting bus to Airport (Bus#37) is near Galleria/ Griboedov Theater. (24 hours bus service with 30 minutes intervel)
4. Tblisi Cable Car service Rope way station at Rike Park, the operation time is from 10 AM to 10 PM.
4. Near Freedome Square bus stop there is an information centre, where you can get a free map of the town also.
5. Use the Hop on Hop off bus service for the city tour, if you take a 50 Lari amount card, you can use that for two days and roam around the city.( 24 hours they have service)
6. SIM CARD: I bought sim card at the air port, there was a counter after the arrival hall near the currency exchange centers. There was sale offer for MAGTI Comapnies sim card, 3 GB Internet Data, 30 minutes international call, free Georgia local calls and the package cost me 30 Lari.
If you have internet data you can easly find the tourist spots at walking distance, restaurents nearby, etc etc.
7.I have found good deals at a travel company called Holidays Georgia, it was located near old town road from freedome square.(please their contact below). For two days full day trip I got it for 107 Lari, around 6 spots they covered including Kazbeg Mountain(where Gergeti Trinity Church located), Gudauri Skei Resort,ANANURI FORT, KHAKHETI MOUNTAIN, SIGHNAGHI, BODBE MONASTRY, Wine tasting etc.
They were professionala conducting tours and there was no huzzles, I like their service so recomending.
8. TBLISI CABLE CAR SERVICE : From Rike Park Rope way station to Narikala Fortress, as per the google the timing is 12pm to 12 am but it has been changed when I visted in November 2018 ; the timing was from 10am to 10pm.